EARLY BIRD SPECIAL: 15% OFF THROUGH MAY 31!
SHOW ME THE MONEY! Now’s the time to monetize your blog effectively. In this five-part lesson we cover avenues for generating income: affiliate links, advertising, sponsored content, and more… plus, how to track earnings in this unconventional field — and how to deal with taxes. At the end of this lesson you’ll be a much more savvy, business-minded blogger.
This lesson includes the following sections:
- Getting Products for Review
- The dreaded email: Reaching out to companies for product can be daunting. We’ll break down the process and get you on your way.
- Next steps: How to maintain professional relationships, advocate for yourself, and navigate the review world like a pro.
- Affiliate Programs
- What they are: Affiliate programs can be a blogger’s best friend — if you use them correctly. Learn how and why.
- Things to look for in an affiliate program: Not all programs are created equal. Here’s what you should be looking for before you sign up.
- FAQ about affiliate programs: Answers to some of the most common questions about affiliate programs, such as “what do I categorize my site as?”
- Implementing affiliate links: Find out how to monetize your blog by effectively placing affiliate links within your content (and beyond). Plus invaluable tips from Jiz Lee, affiliate manager for Pink & White!
- Paid Ads
- Don’t panic: Fear holds so many bloggers back from this stream of revenue! We show you why there’s nothing to be afraid of.
- Setting your rates: The most common conundrum: what you should be charging advertisers for space on your site.
- Good business practices: The pro tips that help you score (and keep) advertisers.
- Technological tools: Keep your advertising relationships running like a well-oiled machine by utilizing our favorite tools.
- Sponsored Posts and Sponsorship
- Sponsored blog posts: All bloggers get approached about these, but they can be tricky. We discuss considerations for negotiating sponsored posts.
- Sponsored social media: Another way to make money? Hell yes!
- Sponsorship: Companies might be willing to help you travel or subsidize your cool project. Here you get to find out more through JoEllen’s in-depth video class, Will Work For Sponsorship: Working With Sponsors To Benefit Everyone.
- Record-Keeping and Taxes
Yep, it’s a job so you need to tell the government about it. We’ll show you how we do it to make it less scary.
Purchase the add-on, and you’ll receive an assignment at the end of the lesson, plus critical feedback from JoEllen and Epiphora — giving you concrete takeaways that you can implement immediately to boost your writing and online presence.
NOTE: The assignment for this lesson is to write a sex product review. You must already own this item, as it will not be provided to you.
This lesson will be held online, at our BeASexBlogger.com class portal, on your own time. Course work will consist of copious written content from JoEllen and Epiphora, plus one assignment (if you purchase the add-on).
Purchasing this product grants you access to the content for a duration of 3 months. Assignment add-on must be completed within 3 months to receive feedback from instructors.
Cancellation policy: Non-refundable.