This four-part lesson is all about filling your site with content folks actually want to read. Learn how to stay productive in the age of Netflix, cultivate your writing voice, and consistently create well-written and engaging posts of all varieties. We top off the lesson with a photography tutorial from Penny that will immediately improve your photographic eye!
This lesson includes the following sections:
- Consistency & Productivity
- Consistency: Does your blog need a posting schedule? We’ll cover the pros and cons while discussing other ways to keep your site consistent.
- Time management & productivity: Our best tricks and strategies for staying on task, even when Twitter beckons.
- Honing Your Voice & Writing Well
- Voice: Here’s where we teach you to write like you — not just “like a sex blogger.” Plus, Emily Nagoski, author of Come As You Are, offers up some of her top writing tips!
- Mechanics: A big part of being a good writer is, well, being good at writing. In this section, we review some important fundamentals.
- Types of Content
Need some ideas for what to write? This section covers many popular blog content types, plus sample posts from the internet’s top sex blogs and a video where Epiphora and JoEllen get real about some of their least favorite blog content.
- How-tos and educational posts
- Relevant events and news stories
- Reviews of products
- Editorial pieces
- Personal stories
- Other ideas to keep in your back pocket
- Filler content
- A word on legality
- Formatting & Photography
- Formatting: Making your content look good is an important step towards getting people to read it. We’ll cover what makes a blog readable and what doesn’t.
- Images & photography: Sex toy photographer extraordinaire Penny shares her wisdom on taking pictures like a pro, including everything you need to know about:
- Lighting & Exposure
- Post Processing
- Videos: Here you’ll find tips for creating video content that looks and sounds great — and is fun to make!
Purchase the add-on, and you’ll receive an assignment at the end of the lesson, plus critical feedback from JoEllen and Epiphora — giving you concrete takeaways that you can implement immediately to boost your writing and online presence.
This lesson will be held online, at our BeASexBlogger.com class portal, on your own time. Course work will consist of copious written content from JoEllen and Epiphora, plus one assignment (if you purchase the add-on).
Purchasing this product grants you access to the content for a duration of 3 months. Assignment add-on must be completed within 3 months to receive feedback from instructors.
Cancellation policy: Non-refundable.