Give your blog a running start! In this three-part lesson, Epiphora and JoEllen go over the logistical issues of creating a blog, choosing your blogging name, and pinning down your niche. By the end of this lesson, you’ll have more clarity about your place in the sex blogging world — and you’ll be able to articulate it when stuck in an elevator with Jiz Lee.*
This lesson includes the following sections:
- Getting Your Blog Up and Running
- Choosing a platform: It’s a big commitment, especially for adult bloggers.
- Setting up a self-hosted WordPress site: Self-hosting is the way to go — we’ll help you get there.
- Blogging terminology: CSS, favicon, widget, pingback, RSS feed… what does it all mean?
- Picking a theme: Aesthetics can make or break a site. Learn what works and what makes readers cringe.
- Our fave plugins: Plugins can make life as a blogger WAY easier.
- Pinpointing Your Niche and Choosing Your Name
- Pinpointing your niche: What do you do? Why do you do it? Who do you do it for? In addition to our thoughts, this section includes pearls of wisdom from popular sex bloggers Cara Sutra and Dangerous Lilly!
- Choosing your name: A bad title can sink your blog. Here’s how to find a name that fits you and your mission.
- Anonymity & privacy: The pros and cons of anonymity from those who have lived it, including the fiercely-anonymous Girl on the Net. Plus, privacy protection for everyone and a video about anonymity from Sunny Megatron!
- Creating an Elevator Pitch, Slogan, & About Page
- Elevator pitch: Learn how to articulate your mission quickly, clearly, and effectively.
- Slogan: Do you know what makes an effective slogan? We do. We’ll help you make yours.
- About page: Orient your readers and solidify your brand with a killer About page.
* Theoretically. We cannot promise that your blogging fame will lead to hanging out with Jiz Lee.
Purchase the add-on, and you’ll receive an assignment at the end of the lesson, plus critical feedback from JoEllen and Epiphora — giving you concrete takeaways that you can implement immediately to boost your writing and online presence.
This lesson will be held online, at our BeASexBlogger.com class portal, on your own time. Course work will consist of copious written content from JoEllen and Epiphora, plus one assignment (if you purchase the add-on).
Purchasing this product grants you access to the content for a duration of 3 months. Assignment add-on must be completed within 3 months to receive feedback from instructors.
Cancellation policy: Non-refundable.